Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Authorship / Conflict of Interest Statement (found on www.icmje.org), which must be signed by each author and uploaded on the website in the submission.
The article has not been published or submitted for publication elsewhere and must be original (include authorship statement in your Cover Letter).
- The manuscript structure adheres to its respective guidelines listed in the Author Guidelines section.
- Creative Commons License Agreement (click here) that is signed and dated by each author
- Cover Letter (include title, a brief description of manuscript and its significance to dermatologists, explanation of any conflicts of interest, statement of funding sources, if any, and acknowledgments for grants and technical support).
- Title Page that must include all authors' full names, academic degrees, and academic institutional and relevant affiliation; information concerning the designated corresponding author (name, address, and active email address).
- Complete Manuscript: double-spaced Word or RTF file, pages numbered. Italics are used rather than underlining (except with URL addresses). Figure legend and tables should be placed at the end of the manuscript (a table's size is limited to one full page).
- Text and reference follow AMA style; references begin on a new page.
- Figures, images, and/or line art of appropriate size and of high resolution (300 dpi). Upload images one at a time as separate files (see size requirements in Author Guidelines section).
Dermatology Practical & Conceptual applies a Creative Commons Attribution License (CCAL) to all works we publish (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/). Authors retain the copyright for their published work.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.